VirtualBox Internal Network


_this is where this blog started _ but now, I know how not to override my previous post! lol



This blog is starting on a completely wrong foot. I started working with VirtualBox (from Sun) a few months ago and recommended this to friends and associates alike.
The recent challenge I've had to deal with is "Host-Only" networking – having a virtual network strictly running between all the Virtual Machines (VM's) and the host only.
The article (blog) by Fook Sheng (using bridge networking on VirtualBox – 9/06/2009) 
"NAT does not work, and surprisingly Host-only mode does not either... i don't know why.. it should be simple a bug or something wrong on my side.."
…left me challenged in deed. Sounds too old to mention but true otherwise.
So, to get started – I've setup VirtualBox ver. 3.2.12 – with two virtual NIC's one bridged and one internal network.
Bridged Network works – I get internet on the virtual machine via the host.
But Internal Network does not work (192.168.97.0 subnet 255.255.255.0) – to be more precise – from the VM (192.168.97.101) , I cannot ping the virtual adapter (192.168.97.1) – Destination host unreachable.
My knowledge or lack thereof networking tells me the error is routing related. So, how do I solve this? 

The expedition begins….
Expedition pages...

Comments

Popular Posts